The home you live in, whether you are renting the property from a landlord or you bought it, should be maintained to keep it in good condition. This is for two purposes: to look after the property you are living in and renting, and to keep your home environment free of mold and other toxins. Here are some recommendations you can follow to keep your rental home clean and free of health problems and damage.
Your first defense against mold and mildew growth inside your home is by preventing it from growing. It is easier and less expensive to keep a property clean than to hire a professional mold remediation service, when necessary, to remove the problem.
Keep your home well-ventilated during after after showering, cooking, running the dishwasher, and drying clothes in the clothes dryer. Turn on your home's ventilation fans in the kitchen and bathroom and open a window for additional ventilation if the interior becomes moist and stuffy-feeling. Wipe down wet surfaces after showering and use a cleaner containing bleach or vinegar to help control the growth of mold between using your shower and tub. Both solutions will kill any mold spores present on a surface in your home.
And if you discover a water leak, notify your landlord immediately so they can have it repaired. Then, make sure to ventilate and dry out the area after a leak has occurred.
When you live in a rented property, your landlord or property manager may want to complete periodic inspections to look for any mold or water damage issues. Many times they may complete this inspection when they complete a professional pest control treatment to the interior of the property.
Once you have discovered mold growth, whether it is in the grout of the bathtub, or covering an entire section of drywall in the basement, it needs to be properly removed. Depending on the size of the mold growth, it might require a professional mold removal company to handle its removal. Otherwise, you or your landlord can handle its clean-up.
If you can handle the clean-up on its own, use a cleaning solution and a cleaning cloth or sponge to wipe mold from surfaces. If mold has grown within the surface of the material, such as within wood, carpeting, or drywall, after you wipe off any surface mold, spray a bleach solution to the area and let it sit for several minutes to kill any remaining mold spores.
With the help of your landlord or property manager, you can keep your home free of mold and mildew and the toxins it creates to have a clean home interior.Share
21 November 2018
When you are in the middle of trying to renovate your space, you might be tempted to remove that dated crown molding or trash those antique faucets. After all, since you want your space to look new and minimalistic, who needs that hand-carved ceiling panel or that ornate archway? Unfortunately, if you make the wrong choices, you might end up throwing away valuable or irreplaceable materials. To help you to avoid this mistake, my blog is filled with ideas for how to fix up your home or business without damaging remaining artifacts. By protecting the natural design, you might be able to create a unique space that you will treasure forever.